The Magic Mirror
The Magic Mirror is the Center's newsletter, published twice a year. Filled with news, photos, feature articles, editorials, and a children's literature quiz, it circulates to 2,800 readers in 47 states and 28 countries. Its title is based upon Arne Nixon's understanding of his role "as a mirror of others work."
- The Magic Mirror #24 (September 2013) (7.84MB)
- The Magic Mirror #23 (March 2013) (3.37MB)
- The Magic Mirror #22 (September 2012) (854KB)
- The Magic Mirror #21 (February 2012) (793KB)
- The Magic Mirror #20 (August 2011) (5.76MB)
- The Magic Mirror #19 (January 2011) (2.44MB)
For issues #1 - #18 of The Magic Mirror please see the Newsletter Archive.
In the Garden
In the Garden: Essays in Honor of Frances Hodgson Burnett was inspired by the Arne Nixon Center's conference on Frances Hodgson Burnett, held in 2003. Curator Angelica Carpenter edited the book and took the cover photo, of the walled garden at what is now Great Maytham Hall in Kent. Burnett leased this country house in 1898 and restored its rundown garden. The book was published in 2006 by Scarecrow Press, Inc.